Monday, November 15, 2010

It's starting to feel like home


I've finally started getting some painting done. I just couldn't stand the flat white walls anymore. I don't know who came up with flat paint, but that person certainly didn't have children or pets. The color scheme is very bold, but I love it. I wasn't sure at first, but once we got the color on the walls, I realized why my husband is a very talented designer. He knows his color!




We painted the kitchen/family room and powder room in "Graham Cracker Crust. David decided that wasn't the right name at all, so he renamed it "Pumpkin Bisque". Jordan felt that neither name truly captured the color, so he named it "Caramel Syrup". The hallways and stairs are painted in "Burlap", but again, David and Jordan were unsatisfied, so David calls it "Golden Wheat" and Jordan calls it "Horseradish Mustard". I think it's pretty amusing that they can't be satisfied with the original names, but whatever makes them happy.



We bought an amazing ceiling fan for the family room. It has wooden blades that wrap around the light. I love it. It matches really well with the color and the sculptures in the family room.



I'm hoping to finish painting all of the public areas before Thanksgiving. I think it's doable, as long as my family is willing to eat cold cereal for dinner for a little while longer. Actually, I "hired" Jordan to help with the painting, because he needs money for his choir trip, and he doesn't have a job. He's been chauffering children, cooking dinner, and cleaning while I paint. It works out pretty well, although I'm guessing that Jordan is starting to think maybe he should just get a job. I only have 2 rooms left; the office, which will be painted in "Monks Cloth", a brown/green color, (David's and Jordan's names are still pending), and the TV room, who's color is yet to be decided. I'm thinking red. After that, we will just have bedrooms left. I love having color on my walls. It makes my home seem so much more inviting and personal.

5 comments:

humming fun said...

just looking at makes me think you are home.

So much Love! said...

I love the colors! I am glad someone else in the family is willing to go bold. :) I too, could be at home there. The ceiling fan is awesome! Can't wait to see it all in person. Love you.

Shanon said...

Love the house so much more now that you have brought it to LIFE! Gorgeous colors!! We've been missing the Dresens lately at our house. Love you guys! -Shanon

Melanie said...

I love the colors you choose! It looks really good. Hope all is going good in San Diego, it's still weird to walk down the hall and not see you in the school.

The Wes Gordon Family said...

Fabulous colors! I love them!