Well, life is still having its way with me. Between work, motherhood, soccer, play practice, church callings, wedding engagements, etc., I often feel like crying uncle. While basking in a small amount of self pity, the words of the hymn Count Your Many Blessings.
When upon life's billows you are tempest tossed
When you are discouraged thinking all is lost
Count your many bessing name them one by one
and it will surprise you what the Lord has done
Things may be tough right now, but they aren't all bad. I am very blessed. I need to focus more on my blessings, and less on my trials. So here are a few of my many, many blessings...
I have an amazing husband who is the love of my life.
I have 4 beautiful, healthy children who always try to make good choices.
David and I have great jobs, and we are able to pay the bills, and put food on the table.
I have a house to get messy, and belongings to mess it up with ;o)
I have wonderful family members who love me.
I have great friends who always have my back.
I have an adorable new niece and 2 adorable new nephews who are here and healthy.
I have a loving Heavenly Father, who is always there to comfort me.
I have good health.
I have so much! I am really blessed! I will try not to complain any more. Yes, things get hard sometimes, but the hard times make us stronger. I just need to keep plugging away, do my best, and let that be good enough!
October in the Third Grade
8 months ago
3 comments:
I didn't find your last post pessimistic. It was honest. I love that. And yes, you are blessed.
Tammy, maybe it is the human nature in us all, we enjoy hearing of anther's struggles, it helps us to appreciate our own.
It also helps us to realize, no matter how great & together others are, they still have challenges.
I appreciate the previous post, as much as I do this one. Thanks for sharing a bit of you with me, as it has been too many years since we have been able to just sit & visit!
I Must say that your newest family members are so adorable! LOL. Thanks for reminding me to focus on the good things. We all need to do that more.
Post a Comment