Saturday, October 2, 2010

Big News!

Well, I guess, it's really "Little News", about 8 1/2 pounds of news. My grandbaby has made his grand entrance. I am a grandma! I wasn't sure how I'd feel about it. People have asked me if I was going to come up with a different name like "Nana" or "Mema" because I felt to young to be a grandma. I've never liked any of the alternative names, but "grandma"? At 39? I wasn't sure. Then I saw him. Oh, he's beautiful! When I first laid eyes on him, my heart grew at least three times bigger. Now I'm so excited to be a grandma. I have introduced myself, "I'm grandma!" several times in the last 3 days. So my big news is that I'm a grandma. My "little news" is he's an adorable little boy named Quinton James. Pictures to follow!

1 comment:

April said...

I can't wait to see pictures of him, Grandma! I'm glad that you guys are doing so well in your new ward. Take care.
-April