Monday, September 6, 2010

Time flies...

We've been having lots of fun this summer, but now it's time for school to start and we will have to hunker down and get to work. I'm pretty behind in my blogging, but I though I would share a few things that we have done at the end of summer.



Kallai received his First Class Badge. He actually earned it in Utah, but he didn't get his Board of Review taken care of until the day before we moved, so he received it in California. We have a great Scout Troop here, with very capable leaders. Kallai has gone on a couple camp outs, built bird houses, participated in service projects and had a lot of fun.



We went to the Oceanside Pier, which is a fun place to go at night. You can rent fishing poles and fish off the sides of the pier with glowsticks for bobbers. The first time we went people were catching fish left and right. You just had to stick your hook in the water, and within a minute or two you would catch a fish. The second time we went (and actually tried fishing), it wasn't quite that easy, but the kids each caught a fish or two. Then we went and had shakes at the restaurant at the end of the pier.




Kallai received a surf board for his birthday, and has had lots of fun with it. He has been able to get up on his feet, and has told me that surfing is the best thing he has done all summer. We spend almost every Saturday at the beach, and really enjoy our time there.




Of course I don't have a good pic of him surfing because I couldn't find my camera/charger until just recently, so all my good pics are on my sister's camera.





This weekend we hung out with my sister Teri's family, and my parents who were in town visiting. We went to Doheney State Beach, which is a good surfing beach, but it also has a very rocky bottom. When we got there, we found that the tide was out, and much of the rocks were exposed. We went hunting for crabs, and had lots of fun catching them. We found a shrimp, and lots of hermit crabs. It was fun to hold them and wait for them to come out of their shell to run away.










We have done many more things this summer, and eventually I will post them all. Hopefully! It's been an eventful summer, and I'm kind of sad that it's over.

1 comment:

April said...

Your home is beautiful. What a fun summer! I would love to live near a beach! I hope you guys are doing well. Take care.
-April