Well, it's official. If you haven't heard yet... we're moving... to California... sometime in June... San Diego area. David is being transferred there for his job, and I decided I like him enough to tag along. The house is for sale. Actually it's already under contract. It was on the market for about 4 days. Now we just have to find a home we can afford in Cali! Wish us luck! I go back and forth between giddiness and being scared silly. I'm thrilled about the prospect of living minutes from the beach and many hours from the snow, of living near my favorite sister, of shorts weather all year round. I'm scared of being so far from my parents, my daughter, the place I grew up (I've lived within a 20 mile radius of my birthplace for my entire life), of leaving my friends, of transplanting my kids. It's a great opportunity, and I'm sure things will turn out great, but WOW it's a big change!
9 comments:
I am so excited you are coming. It will be so fun to have someone close. I'm thinking you should look in San Clemente, because that is closer to me.
Love you,
Teri (your favorite and only sister)
Wow! You're moving?! It's hard to move away when you've been so close to where you grew up, huh. That happened to me when we moved to St. George. It's been hard at times. I miss my parents, friends, and the place I knew as home. But it's ok. You will have a great time in San Diego. What part of the city are you looking at? We know someone who lives in the Imperial Beach area. Good luck with everything!
-April
Aww, we'll miss you. But I can totally see you as a Cali family. Congrats on the new job.
April, we're looking at the north county area, Carlsbad, Fallbrook, Vista, San Marcos. I'm not familiar with Imperial Beach. I'll have to look it up (it's probably out of our price range, though). Teri, I definitely like closer to you, but I think San Clemente is pushing it. Don't think David would appreciate the hour commute.
Thank you Tammy, not only do you like me enough to tag along, but it looks like you have my interests at heart as well...thanks hon!
Bitter sweet for us! Happy for you but you will be missed. Congrats on the new job!
When I heard you were moving I thought "she will love that weather, and the beach!" but we will miss you at work! Good luck with the move! And we will keep in contact through our blogs!
You .
Will.
Love.
It.
Good luck!
I'm sure you will do great where ever you are. And how awesome that you will be closer to Teri.
Good luck finding a great house!
Post a Comment