Our family grew a little bigger last week as we added our newest member, Jared Rowland. He is Mariasha's new husband. Surprise!

Jared is a great guy. He fits right in with our family, because he's fun and quirky. Mariasha and Jared have been engaged since August. They decided to postpone their wedding at one point, but quickly changed their minds.
We had a lovely little ceremony and lunch on Saturday. It was a really special day. Mariasha looked so beautiful in her wedding dress. Yes, this is the dress that we ordered from China. It was shipped here in a black garbage bag that got torn open during transit, and arrived 3 weeks later than expected! Luckily the dress wasn't harmed, and it turned out to be very lovely. Definitely worth the wait.
Mariasha's best friend Alyx was her Maid of Honor, while Jared's brother in law Heime (not sure on spelling) was the Best Man.
I made the wedding cake! I think I did a pretty great job! I have made several wedding cakes, but this was my first experience working with fondant. It was fun to do a chocolate cake (Jared LOVES chocolate!)
It's very surreal to have one of my children get married. I can't believe how fast she has grown up. On the one hand, I wish she would just slow down and wait until I'm ready. On the other hand, I'm so excited to see her experience all the wonderful parts of life.
We will be having an open house for them on Sunday, February 14th from 7-9 p.m. at Jared's parents house if you would like to attend.
The address is 3851 Barton Creek Drive in Eagle Mountain.
5 comments:
I love that dress! SHe looks so pretty and so much like you! AND that cake was beautiful. Congrats on becoming a Mother in Law!
It was a very beautiful wedding and we were so happy to be a part of it. Thank you for having us there. It's so crazy that she's married!!!!!!! They grow up way too fast. Sorry we won't be able to make it to the open house.
Everything looks so wonderful. I wish that we could have been there. Mari was beautiful. I can't beleive you made the cake. You are amazing at everything you do.
Love Teri
That's so great! Congratulations! I can't believe that you have a child that's married and that the child is Mari. She looked georgeous! You made that cake?!! That is very elegant; way to go!! Give Mari my best!
-April
I love the cake, and Holy Cow that dress it amazing!
Post a Comment