But I have finally decided to dive in. I found out about a beginner triathlon in April that has a very short swim (200 yds). There is a kids Triathlon at the same race, so the whole family has decided to join me (except Mariasha, she is "allergic" to exercise).


David, Jordan and I will do the Beginner Triathlon, and Kallai and Taliah will do the Kids Triathlon. We started training yesterday. We went to the local fitness center to run and swim. The kids did much better than I expected! They all ran between 1.5- 2 miles. Taliah swam 2 laps, Kallai and Jordan many more than that. I swam 8 laps, the exact length of the race, with very long rests in between laps, and half of the laps doing the backstroke. Not too impressive. I have a huge amount of improvement needed and only 2 months to do it in. Oh well, maybe they can divert swimmers to other lanes if I slow things down too much on race day. Wish us luck!
4 comments:
good luck! I think you are all crazy! Maybe I should get off my lazy butt and exercise. I am LOL that Mari is "allergic to exercise" How funny
for the record i'm not doing it because my best friend and i are going to be going on a road trip to San Fransisco to get our senior pictures taken. oh and i'm not allergic to excersize i just do it in a different way. i'm offended you would say that mother.
Sorry. I apologise. It just seems that you start to go into anaphalactic shock whenever I insist that you exercise with us.
hmm, easy there, now girls. Course Mari, I have never seen you exercise, so I don't know... That sounds AWESOME! I'm all for stuff like that. I can't wait til our kids are old enough to do those kinds of activities with us. Way to go Dresen's! Good luck! By the way, I love that pic of us Tammy-we look like we're having fun (which we were til the last mile or so) and by the way I have to say, we rock. :)
Post a Comment