
Wow! I was released from my Cub Scout calling last Sunday. I started to think back over all of my time in Cubs, and I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time. I was called into scouts as a Webelos leader when Jordan was 10. Now he's 15. When Kallai came into Cubs I was still there. Now he's moved on to Boy Scouts, and I guess it's time for me to move on too. Almost 5 years of den and pack meetings, crazy costumes, funny cheers, etc.

I have had such a great time. I've done so many callings in cubs: Webelos Leader (officially and unofficially), Committee Chair, Cubmaster (unofficially), Roundtable Instructor, and District Trainer. I helped build the 15th ward pack from the ground up. We started with just 3 leaders! I've had so much fun with the boys. Some of my favorite experiences were building catapults, the Science Magic pack meeting, the Knight pack meeting, and how about that indoor marshmallow gun fight? (Who knew marshmallows would stick so well to the floor?) I really enjoyed hiking up the canyon with Bro. Gallagher as our guide, learning what plants were edible, and how to run like an Indian.

I worked with so many wonderful people over the years, from Shiloh Ceislak (my first webelos co-den leader) to Anna Carter (my last Webelos co-den leader) and everyone in between. I enjoyed working with Shanon, Sophie, Matt, Kevin, Lucy, Arlene, Mindy, Oralynn, DeeDee, Linda, the Rowleys and so many others. Without all of you I wouldn't have had nearly as much fun.

I have learned so much, and I hope I influenced the lives of the boys I worked with in a positive way. Cub Scouts is such a great program. I will truly miss it in my life.
1 comment:
wow, you've done a lot of stuff with cub scouts. I'm sure you'll get another calling soon. We miss you guys.
Post a Comment